6:00 is a magical time. That is because by 6:00, Daddy is home! I'm pretty sure that Camden loves this time of day--and I know that I love it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending my days with Camden, but it is nice to have an extra set of hands to help out.
Camden spends most of the evening with Daddy. He handles the bottle feeds, diaper changes and keeps him entertained. I have a feeling that for years to come, Camden is going to look forward to this special time with Daddy.
For the past few weeks our nighttime routine has consisted of setting the alarm for every four hours. Crazy, I know! I never dreamed I would be setting an alarm to wake up my newborn baby. It was painful when that alarm sounded to look over at my baby sleeping peacefully and have to drag myself out of bed to go and feed him. (We were told we needed to do this because he lost a lot of weight initially--he was down to 8lbs 6oz). And let me tell you, he did NOT like to wake up. He would turn his head to the side and clamp his mouth shut to let me know that he did not approve!
We got clearance this week to let him sleep as long as he wanted to sleep at night as long as he was eating well during the day. Since then he has been going about 5 hours between feeds at least once a night and just over 4 hours the other time. When he wakes up, I get up and nurse him and then wake Bryan up. Bryan feeds him his bottle while I pump. Then he gets changed, swaddled, and back to sleep. So far he hasn't had any problem going right back to sleep. A few nights he has woken up when we put him down, but has managed to put himself back to sleep. We realize we are really blessed because not all newborns are sleeping this much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment