Monday, June 18, 2012

A Messy Day

Yesterday was a busy day with celebrating Father's Day...but it was also a very MESSY day. We were trying to take a family afternoon nap when all of a sudden Cam let out a high-pitched scream. I thought it was a little strange because this is not how he typically wakes up. Bryan went to get him out of his cradle and said "Oh, he's wet" Little did we know, that wasn't pee. Once we took his swaddle off we discovered that he had his first MAJOR blowout. His bed, blanket, and clothes were all covered. We stripped him down and then had to get everything washed. Needless to say, my nap was over at that point. (Bryan got to go back to sleep...it was Father's Day after all).

The messiness didn't stop there. That evening we went to church and Cam had a wet diaper. I went into the offices to change him and for the first time got sprayed with the diaper off. I quickly put the new diaper on top and thought everything was contained, but it had leaked up the back and got his outfit wet. No problem, I'll just reach into the bag and get his change of clothes. Except it wasn't there. I had taken it out when I changed diaper bags the other day and didn't put it back in. So what's a girl to do? Well, we wrapped him up in a blanket and rolled with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment