Turns out that I lost quite a bit of blood and almost needed a transfusion. They worked on me for about an hour while they were cleaning him up and taking his stats. I was shocked when I heard that he was 9 lbs 8 0z and 22 inches long!
He also had quite the cone head from the vacuum (luckily it is perfectly round now)
Camden was not happy about his first bath
but he loved getting his hair washed
Look at that big boy all cleaned up. He looks huge!
Once he was swaddled up, he was a happy camper and ready to meet the grandparents.
Grandma
Mimi
Our happy little family of three.
I had to stay in bed until the next day because of the blood loss, so daddy was in charge for the evening. He did a great job changing diapers and became the swaddling pro. Camden was extra sleepy and spent the night in the nursery because he was quite spitty and needed to be watched--and we needed some rest! It was quite strange to be separated from him for the first time. We were ready for him to be back in our arms by morning time!
No comments:
Post a Comment