Friday, May 22, 2015

2 months

 

2 month stats (from Dr's appt on 5/30):
 Height: 24 inches (90%)
Weight: 12lb 12 oz (not sure this was accurate, she was halfway off the scale)
Head: 16"

Clothes: Mostly 0-3, but some are starting to get small
Diapers: finishing up the last of the 1s, moving into 2s
Shoes: newborn or bare feet

I love looking back at pictures and blog posts about Camden around this same age to see how it compares with Kylie. I was pretty surprised to read his 2 month update and see that they are pretty similar (without even realizing it).

Kylie is also starting to settle into a nice routine (but if I look ahead to Cam's 3 month update I see that he laughed in my face for thinking that it was going to stay that way, so I'm trying to not get too cocky). She is staying awake for longer stretches and is mostly content during that awake time.She's starting to take interest in her activity mat and bouncy seat during this time. She will also watch her mobile on the swing for quite awhile.
Likes:
*Swing
*Swaddle--although she has discovered to how easily escape and we have to bat wing swaddle at night
*Smiling--she seems to like smiling as much as Camden did. She definitely does it in response to people talking to her. She is especially smiley in the evening after her 9pm feeding. She will smile and coo for a long time.

Dislikes:
*Car seat--although it has gotten better
Sleep:
At about 5 weeks we moved her from the Rock N Play in her room into her crib. She easily made the transition with no noticeable differences in her sleep. Like Cam, she allows us to put her in her bed awake, but drowsy and after a few minutes of crying she falls asleep. For now, she will also fall asleep in our arms and let us transfer her to the crib. The night before she turned 2 months she gave us our first full night of sleep. She slept for 9.5 hours. She followed that up with nights of 8 hours and 10 hours! After 3 nights in a row of sleeping through the night, the 4am wake up was brutal, but she has since gone back to sleeping through the night. I am sure we will have nights that she still wakes up, but I am hoping we are on our way to sleeping through the night being the norm. She normally has a bottle about 9pm and then stays awake until another feeding at 10:30 where she is then swaddled up and put to bed. Then she typically sleeps 6-8 hours before waking up for her next feeding. This is almost identical to what Cam was doing at the time, so I have high hopes that she will be a rockstar sleeper like he has been.

Eating: We currently make a 4 oz bottle for Kylie about every 3-4 hours, but it isn't uncommon these days for her to want an extra 2 oz when she finishes that bottle. I'm not surprised since she is going for longer stretches at night that she wants to eat more during the day.

Siblings: Camden is still doing really well with her. I expect that to change about the time she gets mobile and starts taking his stuff. He loves to check on her and anytime she cries he runs for the paci or says I need to make a bottle. He thinks it is so cool when she smiles at him, which is a lot. He still has typical 3 year old struggles, but seems to be doing better than he was at this point last month.





No comments:

Post a Comment