Sunday, August 12, 2012

Goodbye Swaddle

The swaddle. It's a love/hate relationship--for all of us. Since the day he was born, Camden has been swaddled for every nap and every nighttime. He always fussed as he got put into the swaddle, but quickly calmed down. I truly believe that the swaddle was the key to our long stretches at night up to this point.

There is just one problem--he learned how to escape! For the past few nights he has woken up crying only for us to find him with his arms completely out of the swaddle. We found ourselves going in multiple times a night to put him back in and decide that it was just time to let it go. This was scary for me because that has been our one "go to" when he was fussy. I thought there was no way that he would sleep without it. I envisioned waking up every hour all night long. It has actually been a relatively smooth transition. I think he enjoyed his first day of freedom.


And in the days since then, he has decided that he likes to curl up on his side most of the time.

He just looks too big here! All in one week he has chosen to put himself to sleep and now not be swaddled anymore. I really think he will end up being a belly sleeper before too long. Many times he has gotten himself almost all the way over, but not quite yet. Before I know it he will be crawling, sitting up...and the list goes on. Sniff, sniff

No comments:

Post a Comment