Time flies! I can't believe a month has already passed. We are settling into a groove around here and have been able to make it out for a few playdates so far.
We had Kylie's one month check up and here are her stats:
Weight: 10 lb 4 oz (80%)
Length: 22 inches
Head circumference: 15 in
Clothes: Mostly 0-3 (still squeezing in a few nb)
Diapers: 1
Shoes: newborn, but mostly socks
As the doctor said, her job these days is to eat and sleep and she does both pretty well. She is starting to stay awake for a little longer during the day and has let us know a few things already that she likes and doesn't like.
Likes:
*Swing
*Swaddle
*Sleeping at home
Dislikes:
*Her carseat--the will fall asleep on the highway, but as soon as we exit she wakes up and wants out. Once she's awake, there is no staying in the seat for her. Hopefully this gets better over the coming months
*Being cold after a bath (but who wouldn't?)
Sleep:
Kylie isn't quite as good of a sleeper as her big brother was. She gives us mostly 3-4 hour stretches at night, with occasionally going a little longer. Bryan feeds her before he goes to bed about 11pm, she wakes around 3:30am for a feed with me, and then again between 6 and 7 (where Bryan feds him again). She moved to her room at 4 weeks old, but is still sleeping in the Rock n Play. We hope to move her to the crib soon.
Eating:
At about 2 weeks old, we made the decision to switch to formula. I went to see a lactation consultant and Kylie was having a lot of latch and sucking issues. She also has a lip and tongue tie and I was having supply issues like I did with Cam. The LC recommended a procedure to correct the lip/tongue tie, as well as pumping at least 4 times a day. There were just so many issues, I knew that I couldn't do all of those things, take care of Cam, and keep my sanity. Within one day I knew I had made the right decision because she was a totally different baby. She is currently taking about 4 oz every 4 hours or so.
Cam has done well with the transition so far. He loves to check on her and give her hugs and kisses. He hasn't shown jealousy yet, but I'm sure there will be moments. He is testing boundaries and struggling with battling things like mealtimes and naps, but those are typically almost 3 year old behaviors.
I can't wait to watch these two grow up together!
Monday, April 20, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment