Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Turning Two

Ok, so I totally have not kept up with the blog at all, but this is where I have all his other stats and milestones, so I figured I would at least keep up with that. Who knows, maybe I'll even be inspired to post more often. Probably not.







weight: 34 pounds (with clothes, diaper, shoes, toy)
height: 37.5 inches
diapers: 5
shoes: 8
clothes: mostly 3T

Sleep: Camden is still a great sleeper. He typically goes to bed about 9pm and sleeps until around 8:00am. He also takes one long afternoon nap (1:30-5:00ish). Every once in awhile he decides that he doesn't need a nap and will play in his crib for hours without falling asleep. At least he seems to keep himself entertained and happy while I get a break. He still sleeps in his crib and we plan to keep it that way until he decides to climb out or there is another baby to take his place.

Eating: He's still a hungry monster most days. Fruit and Creme oatmeal is his go to meal for breakfast, but he also loves pancakes, fruit, and yogurt. He loves typically toddler food (pb&j, pizza, mac n cheese) but also eats whatever we have for dinner with minimal problems. He's not crazy about plain green veggies but will eat them in a casserole or soup. Every time we are in the car he thinks he needs a 'nack--even if he just finished eating.

Likes: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Clifford books, Cars (although not as much as in the past), playing on the tablet, trains

Milestones:
1. Colors--Cam can say blue, green, red, black, white, pink, purple. He can identify all the other colors, but cannot say them yet
2. Letters--Camden can identify all of the letters (point to them when asked) and can say most of them. My favorite is the way he says Q. He learned most of these from playing the Train app on the tablet. Best $1.99 I ever spent.
3. Numbers--everything is either 2 or 9. I have no idea why he knows these two numbers, but they are the only ones he will acknowledge exist. He has tricked his bible class teachers by pointing to the number 2 and saying "2"...they didn't realize he calls everything 2. Haha
4. Language--he knows a lot of single words (and adding more every day) but has not said any phrases yet. I love it that he says "thank you" without any prompting and it cracks me up when you ask where something is and he looks around and then says "nope" when he doesn't see it. He is still using language to mostly identify things that he recognizes and not so much for communicating ideas or opinions. Hopefully that is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment