Something about that picture makes me think he looks like a fully grown boy instead of a baby!
We don't have official stats for 5 months because he didn't have a well-check this month. All I know, is he's BIG. I know because people feel the need to tell us that everywhere we go. If I had a dollar for every person who thought they were original in saying "Well, he doesn't miss too many meals" or something along those lines, I'd be rich!
Clothes: Mostly 6-9 months
Diaper: 3s, moving into 4s.
Shoes: 2/3
Highlights:
*Noisy!--Camden loves to laugh, squeal, scream, and grunt. We rarely make it through bible class or church service because he makes so much noise. He goes to the nursery on Wednesday nights, but we will start sending him on Sunday soon. When he gets tired he whines, but rarely cries.
*Food--we started solids a few weeks ago. So far he has tried rice cereal and oatmeal. He has also tried a few fruit and veggies. His favorites for now are sweet potatoes and applesauce. He tolerates pears and butternut squash. He was not a fan of avocado or green beans.
*Spitting--Cam's newest trick is blowing raspberries ALL THE TIME. He is constantly spitting. It can be funny at times, but it is so annoying when he is supposed to be eating and there is food flying everywhere. We discovered that if we put on Baby Einstein videos while we feed him it goes much more smoothly.
*Sleep--I don't want to jinx it, but it seems like we are getting into a groove again with sleeping. For now, he typically has his last bottle and some solids about 9:30pm and then goes to bed for the night. Typically, he sleeps until sometime between 7-8 am. Then Bryan gets up, gives him a bottle and cereal, plays for awhile and Cam goes back down for a nap about 1.5 hours after he woke up. During the day, he takes 3-4 naps (most are around 2 hours each). It seems like that is a lot of sleep! But he acts tired and goes down without too much of a fight, so I'm guessing that he needs it. He still puts himself to sleep and wakes up really happy. In the past week, he has been going to sleep without crying about half of the time.
*Playtime--what a difference a month makes! Last month I mentioned that we had started using the jumper, but he didn't really know how to make it move much. Now, he jumps like crazy. He will still play on the floor, but not as long as he used to. He also loves his Baby Einstein light up toy from Mrs. Katie and reading books. When he is in the right mood he will laugh really hard playing Peek-a-Boo.
*Teeth--last month I said that Cam had two teeth about to come through...well, they still haven't made their full appearance. You can definitely tell that they are moving by his hands constantly being in his mouth and the drool puddles collecting on his bib.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment