Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Laughing Out Loud

I've waited a long time to hear a sweet little laugh. Camden has been smiling for what seems like forever. And he has looked like he was laughing for quite a bit of that time. He smiles at people a lot, but then there have been times that I just knew he wanted to laugh--he had the biggest smile, eyes squinted, and moving all around. If you just saw a picture, you would be certain that he was laughing--but no sound was coming out! Finally, he is starting to laugh. It is still a work in progress. Sometimes it sounds a little more like a cry. He has also discovered his voice, so there is some talking and squealing mixed in there. Whatever you want to call it, it sure is sweet.

Giggles from Christy Wyatt on Vimeo.



For now, laughing is the best way to get Camden's attention. I can talk to him or call his name and he may ignore me--but as soon as he hears me laughing, he looks up and smiles. I love when he joins in laughing as if he totally got the joke. He also tends to laugh when tickled, or at any mention of "poop" or "booty". Gotta love boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment