Friday, July 13, 2012

2 Months

This month has been a fun one--and I'm sure it is just going to be getting more fun from here. If I had to pick one word for this month is would be routine. I feel like we are finally settling into a nice, liveable routine. I'm a structured type of person that likes to know what to expect, so it is no surprise that I am thankful to have a son that seems to thrive on routine. I feel like we are getting into a groove and understanding each other more each day.


Height: 24 1/2 inches
Weight: 14 lbs 3 oz
Clothes: 0-3 months (and some of them are getting small!)
Shoes: Hasn't worn any yet!
Diapers: 2

Highlights:

*Smiling all the time! This month Cam has started smiling in response to our voices and interactions on a regular basis. As you can see from the many other posts about smiling, this has been my favorite thing so far. I love that he seems to be so happy most of the time.


*Enjoying tummy time more. Our good friend Nicole suggested using an adult size travel pillow to prop him up and he seems to like it much better. His head control is getting better and he loves looking around.

*Sitting up--with help of course. We ventured into using the bumbo (with supervision) and Cam loves looking around (mostly at the TV).


*Noticing his surroundings. He isn't quite "interacting" with toys yet--but he does look at them and hold on to them--although I don't think he actually knows that he is holding them. Haha.


*Sleep!!! My favorite part of the month. Here is where I have been loving the routine. Camden typically eats about 9pm and then falls asleep downstairs. About 10:30 I take him upstairs asleep, feed him again and then put him in his crib. This month he has started sleeping about 6-8 hours from this point. He wakes up to eat and then sleeps for another couple of hours before waking up for good for the day. At this point he stirs and starts making noises (but not crying!) When I go in to his room he is wide awake and looking around. Once he sees me I get my first big smile of the day. I love this!!
Camden, we are honored to be your parents. You already make us laugh every day. What did we ever do without you? I can't wait to see how you grow and develop next month. I love you the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment